MEALS & ENTERTAINMENT
Important information about meals and entertainment expenses.
The most you can deduct for meal expenses is 50% of your claim during eligible travel periods. Long-haul truck drivers are an exception to this 50% rule. They can claim 80% of meals during an eligible trip.
You will need to fill out a Form TL2 Claim for Meals and Lodging as well as provide a signed copy of the Form T2200 Declaration of Conditions of Employment from your employer.
- Deductions, Credits, & Rebates
- Provincial Parental Insurance Plan (PPIP)
- Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB)
- Medical Expenses
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- GST/HST Credit
- Vehicle Expenses
- Business Tax Deductions & Business Expenses
- GST/HST New Housing Rebate
- Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)