THREE WAYS TO TAKE OUR TAX COURSE
For those who prefer independent learning. Our comprehensive course covers everything you need to know to prepare tax returns.
Taught by our experts in a friendly, safe setting. This format is available only at select locations.
Taught by our experts from a distance via online platforms such as Zoom or Teams.
WHY SHOULD YOU ENROLL?
Our classes are great for individuals who want to understand how the Canadian tax system works.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Liberty Tax’s Basic course allows you to acquire solid foundational knowledge of:
- Income from various sources
- Social benefits & other amounts
- Investment income and expenses
- Support payments paid and received
- RRSPs and other registered plans
- Child care expenses
- Moving expenses
- Northern Residents
- Sale of Principal Residence reporting
- Foreign Property reporting
- Medical expenses & the Disability Tax Credit
- Single, couples and retired situations explored
- Pension income splitting
- Refundable and non-refundable credits
- Provincial chapter specific to your province
The course is approximately 30 hours (3 hours per chapter) and an exam. Those who receive a cumulative mark of 70% or greater will receive a certificate. Those who achieve 90% or more will receive an honours certificate.**You must have a windows O/S to allow you to use the student software.The cost is $299 (plus tax). This one fee covers your printed book as well as access to one of the 3 methods to learn.