Child Tax Benefits & Credits
If you have a child you may be eligible for:
- Canada Child Benefits (CCB), depending on your income. This is a monthly benefit made to eligible families to help with the expense of having children in the home. A good place to start for information on benefits you may qualify for is the brochure “Canada Child Benefits”:
- If your child qualifies under the disabled child provision, you may be eligible for benefits under the Child Disability Benefit (CDB). For information on the eligibility of this benefit, please see Child Disability Benefit.
You should apply for benefits as soon as:
- A child is born
- A child begins to live with you
- You or your spouse, or common-law partner become eligible for benefits
- If you provided consent to use the Automated Benefits Application service on when you registered your child's birth, you do not need to apply for the Child Tax Benefit as it will be applied for automatically on your behalf by the Vital Statistics Agency.