Important information about allowable motor vehicle expenses.
You can deduct expenses incurred to operate a motor vehicle in pursuit of earning employment income. The types of expenses you can deduct include:
- fuel and oil;
- maintenance and repairs;
- license and registration fees;
- capital cost allowance
- eligible interest you paid on a loan used to buy the motor vehicle.
- eligible leasing costs.
Use Form T777 to calculate this deduction.
- Deductions, Credits, & Rebates
- Provincial Parental Insurance Plan (PPIP)
- Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB)
- Medical Expenses
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- GST/HST Credit
- Meal Expenses
- Business Tax Deductions & Business Expenses
- GST/HST New Housing Rebate
- Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)