The following are the types of non-taxable income for Canadian income tax purposes.
List below are types on non-taxable income for Canada income tax purposes.
- Canada Child Benefit (CCB) payments
- Child assistance payments and the supplement for handicapped children paid by the province of Quebec
- Child Support if agreement or court order is after April 30, 1997.
- Gifts: in most cases
- Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) payments
- Inheritances: in most cases
- Life insurance policy death benefit payments: most amounts received from a life insurance policy following someone’s death
- Lottery winnings
- Social Assistance Payments (SA), but you must still include it on your tax return to ensure that any benefits you may be entitled to are calculated properly
- Workers Compensation Benefits, but you must still include it on your tax return to ensure that any benefits you may be entitled to are calculated properly
- Income & Your Taxes
- Taxable Income
- Old Age Security (OAS)
- Wage-Loss Replacement Plan (WLRP)
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Quebec Pension Plan (QPP)
- Saskatchewan Pension Plan (SPP)
- Social Assistance (SA)
- Canada Income Tax For Non-Residents
- Income Tax Tables & Income Tax Rates
- Income Tax Calculators