Capital Gains Tax

You may experience a capital gain or loss when you dispose of certain property. This disposal may be through a sale or transfer. The type of property for the purpose of capital gain or losses can include, but is not limited to:

  • Real estate, including land
  • Stocks
  • Bonds
  • Ownership or shares of a privately held company
  • Certain trusts.

You will need to complete line 12700 and Schedule 3 of your income tax return.

Please refer to publication T4037 to determine if you have a reportable capital gain

Tax Education